Official C3 New Member Introduction Thread

Any L5R related discussion go here.

Re: Official C3 New Member Introduction Thread

Postby shineyorkboy » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:03 am

[url]oracleofthevoid.com[/url] is a database of all cards ever printed. It also shows the sets they were printed in so you can tell which arcs they were legal in. The O-Ushi casrd you're thinking of is probably O-Ushi Inexperienced which was only printed in Coils of Madness so it's only legal for Emperor and non-Strict Ivory 1.
Kolat * Merchant * Tactician * Loyal * The Poet Crab * The John Paul Jones of Rokugan
Hida Keigo @ WC III
Kasuga Aizawa @ WC IV
User avatar
shineyorkboy
Shireikan
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:32 am

Re: Official C3 New Member Introduction Thread

Postby Hida Korada » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:24 pm

So got my cards today! This game is insanely fun. I played crab (of course) and my bud who has never played anything but magic played lion. I knew it would likely be fun but didn't realize the amount of tactics and strategy you would use in play. I was very presently surprised and had a blast playing. Not to hard to pick up. Thought I would have a really hard time with it. Also was able to pull off a win first game! :banana:
Hida Korada
Gunso
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Official C3 New Member Introduction Thread

Postby Panayjon » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:42 am

Hey, just thought I would finally jump in, long-time lurker and all. Anyways, got started in Emperor and have continued on through Ivory so far. Have played a campaign of the RPG too, love the system. So yeah, Crab loyalist. Look forward to serving on the wall with the rest of you.
He is belligerent. He is a drunkard. The most compelling story is that of Hida Zaiberu.
User avatar
Panayjon
Hohei
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:28 am

Re: Official C3 New Member Introduction Thread

Postby Hida Bob » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:27 pm

Welcome to the Wall! :HIDA: :HIDA: :HIDA:
Hida Yagimaki*Crab Clan Samurai*Sake Master
ImageImage
ImageImage
Proud retired member of the notorious, undefeated .... Image
User avatar
Hida Bob
Revered Sensei
 
Posts: 2707
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:13 am
Location: In the Ivory kingdoms

Re: Official C3 New Member Introduction Thread

Postby james70129 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:59 pm

Hi, I'm new to the game. My friend introduced me to the game and I got interested in the Crab Clan and I brought the Ivory Edition Starter Deck to start my journey.
james70129
Ashigaru
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:57 pm

Re: Official C3 New Member Introduction Thread

Postby ACharmingHida » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:12 pm

james70129 wrote:Hi, I'm new to the game. My friend introduced me to the game and I got interested in the Crab Clan and I brought the Ivory Edition Starter Deck to start my journey.


Welcome! We're glad to have you at the Wall.
“Never… never suffer the darkness to live,” -Hiruma Akio

"I will be the light that purifies the Empire. All that live in Darkness should fear me, for they will not survive my crusade of fire." -Kuni Daigo

Shawn Carman wrote:You're the clan of guys who hunt down what are literally the most dangerous entities in known existence and you beat them with a metal baseball bat until one of you dies.

Enriched and nuanced subtlety wasn't really on the table. ;)
User avatar
ACharmingHida
Shireikan
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:46 pm

Re: Official C3 New Member Introduction Thread

Postby Hida Bob » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:13 pm

Welcome, and one of the interesting things is the starter deck is a very solid core. :HIDA:
Hida Yagimaki*Crab Clan Samurai*Sake Master
ImageImage
ImageImage
Proud retired member of the notorious, undefeated .... Image
User avatar
Hida Bob
Revered Sensei
 
Posts: 2707
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:13 am
Location: In the Ivory kingdoms

Re: Official C3 New Member Introduction Thread

Postby Ophidian » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:36 pm

Thought I would introduced myself. My name is Shawn Plume. I've be playing on and off since Imperial took a long break after Samurai and just got back into it with Ivory. Played my first Kotei this year finishing 9th playing Scorpion dishonor which is really good since I played only 2 games before the Kotei. I stopped playing scorpion as it really not a fun deck to play against. Greg Wong voiced his displeasure with me a few times with the deck. I spent the summer playing a few different clans. I tried Crab for the first time ever a month ago and I really like the playing style on the clan so I'm playing crab going forward. :daisho:
Ophidian
Ashigaru
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:07 pm

Re: Official C3 New Member Introduction Thread

Postby ACharmingHida » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:53 pm

Ophidian wrote:Thought I would introduced myself. My name is Shawn Plume. I've be playing on and off since Imperial took a long break after Samurai and just got back into it with Ivory. Played my first Kotei this year finishing 9th playing Scorpion dishonor which is really good since I played only 2 games before the Kotei. I stopped playing scorpion as it really not a fun deck to play against. Greg Wong voiced his displeasure with me a few times with the deck. I spent the summer playing a few different clans. I tried Crab for the first time ever a month ago and I really like the playing style on the clan so I'm playing crab going forward. :daisho:


Glad to have you :HIDA:
“Never… never suffer the darkness to live,” -Hiruma Akio

"I will be the light that purifies the Empire. All that live in Darkness should fear me, for they will not survive my crusade of fire." -Kuni Daigo

Shawn Carman wrote:You're the clan of guys who hunt down what are literally the most dangerous entities in known existence and you beat them with a metal baseball bat until one of you dies.

Enriched and nuanced subtlety wasn't really on the table. ;)
User avatar
ACharmingHida
Shireikan
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:46 pm

Re: Official C3 New Member Introduction Thread

Postby Hida Bob » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:55 am

Congratulations, Shawn, for coming to your senses and joining the best clan. Welcome and enjoy!!!! :HIDA: :HIDA: :HIDA:
Hida Yagimaki*Crab Clan Samurai*Sake Master
ImageImage
ImageImage
Proud retired member of the notorious, undefeated .... Image
User avatar
Hida Bob
Revered Sensei
 
Posts: 2707
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:13 am
Location: In the Ivory kingdoms

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron