Official C3 New Member Introduction Thread

Any L5R related discussion go here.

Re: Official C3 New Member Introduction Thread

Postby FlyingSnowCrab » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:56 pm

wrongspeedy wrote:Welcome back to the wall! I'll try not to use you as a human shield, but I make no promises for fresh meat!

Thanks! It's been a while, and it seems like a lot has changed. My LGS doesn't have any crab clan starters, so I have two wait until his next shipment in a week or so. Until then I bought a dragon starter. Can't wait to jump back in! :HIDA:
FlyingSnowCrab
Hohei

Postby Hida Tsuruta » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:11 am

Ahoy!

Returning Crab Clan here. Started playing during Celestial, briefly during the start of Emperor Edition and just now returning after a long hiatus.

I will be attending the Sacramento Kotei on June 20th for the Glory of the Crab!
Hida Tsuruta
Hohei

Postby wrongspeedy » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:09 am

Hida Tsuruta wrote:Ahoy!

Returning Crab Clan here. Started playing during Celestial, briefly during the start of Emperor Edition and just now returning after a long hiatus.

I will be attending the Sacramento Kotei on June 20th for the Glory of the Crab!

I should be there as well! If you go and you need anything feel free to PM me and I will see what I can do.
MoZi

"His mettle will be tested first here. It will be tested again."
wrongspeedy
Shireikan

Postby Hida Windwaker » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:32 pm

Hey guys, I just started playing during Twenty Festivals and I'm really loving the Crab.
Hida Windwaker
Hohei

Postby Yatsuka-haggi » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:11 pm

Hey!
Got my start with l5r at a Milwaukee gen con around gold edition- where I knew nothing about the game but saw hida tenshu and flipped. Been in and out of the game since then, mainly just 'kitchen table' style. Played all the clans at one point or another, but always hold the crab close to my heart.
After a LONG break (absent from late celestial arc to the release of The New Order) I'm back with a greatly renewed interest and attended my first kotei this year in San jose (where I got real lucky and landed 'top crab deck' w/ my Yasuki dishonor deck!)
Been lurking on this forum for a while now- with the new developments in the story I felt it was time to join the conversation. i have to hand it to the new brand lead and ST- this is a very ambitious proposal and an increasingly exciting time to be into the game!!
At any rate- pleased to make your acquaintance / I'll be talking to yall more soon!
Thanks!!

Yatsuka-haggi

PS: hit me up if you play near DT Los Angeles! My closest joint is a bit of a haul. Cheers! :beer:
Yatsuka-haggi
Ashigaru

Postby Hida Shumiga » Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:25 am

Good morning, all. I've been an L5R player(both the CCG and he RPG) since Gold edition and 1st edition came out. started in high school in the late 90's, but got out of it for a while after college because I didn't have anyone local to play with. Recently got back into it thanks to getting back in touch with a high school friend. about 10 years ago, the woman I was dating threw out all of my L5R, MTG, Mythos, and Vampire: The Eternal Struggle cards i had amassed over the years, without me knowing until it was too late, and I'm trying to rebuild my collections while learning about all the new stuff that's been going on with the games. I've always been primarily a Crab Clan player, but have also been known to play Naga, Crane, Lion, and Shadowlands decks.

Outside of L5R, I'm a single father, an assistant sensei at a karate dojo, a bass player, the games director at a church, and a cub scout den leader.

Glad to be here, and I hope this board can teach me a few things to keep up with the high school friend(who never stopped collecting or playing).
Hida Shumiga
Hohei

Postby Grim » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:44 pm

Welcome to the party!
Naga in '99
15 Years of playing Phoenix Samurai
Crab since 2015
Grim
Gunso

Postby wrongspeedy » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:43 pm

Hida Shumiga wrote:Good morning, all. I've been an L5R player(both the CCG and he RPG) since Gold edition and 1st edition came out. started in high school in the late 90's, but got out of it for a while after college because I didn't have anyone local to play with. Recently got back into it thanks to getting back in touch with a high school friend. about 10 years ago, the woman I was dating threw out all of my L5R, MTG, Mythos, and Vampire: The Eternal Struggle cards i had amassed over the years, without me knowing until it was too late, and I'm trying to rebuild my collections while learning about all the new stuff that's been going on with the games. I've always been primarily a Crab Clan player, but have also been known to play Naga, Crane, Lion, and Shadowlands decks.

Outside of L5R, I'm a single father, an assistant sensei at a karate dojo, a bass player, the games director at a church, and a cub scout den leader.

Glad to be here, and I hope this board can teach me a few things to keep up with the high school friend(who never stopped collecting or playing).

Welcome Shumiga-san! Twenty Goblin Winter is coming! Happy hunting!
MoZi

"His mettle will be tested first here. It will be tested again."
wrongspeedy
Shireikan

Postby Hida Batou » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:46 pm

Greetings, I am Hida Batou.
Hida Batou
Ashigaru

Postby Hida Bob » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:29 pm

:banana: Welcome one and all! :banana: