Suggestions for Legacy Crab Hero deck

Discuss L5R decks and strategies here.

Suggestions for Legacy Crab Hero deck

Postby Hida Mu Gen-rou » Tue May 23, 2017 9:35 am

Anyone have any suggestions on a build for a Crab hero deck? Anyone ever try the 20F one man army thing they wanted to push during 20F?

"True Heroes never sleep" ~ Hida Kuon
Hida Mu Gen-rou
Shireikan

Re: Suggestions for Legacy Crab Hero deck

Postby Hida Kokujin » Tue May 23, 2017 4:18 pm

Hero Decks (I imagine) would be a bit rough in legacy. Since it wasn't the Crab Lotus mechanic. Luckily for you though my best crab deck was during Samurai.

Valley of Heroes is a great card for late game, especially for when you have so many dudes hitting the discard pile. You die with me and the Truest Test are incredible actions. One Final March is a fantastic answer to send-home, and Setting Sun Strike was pretty good during Samurai (but in legacy i don't know how many people will bother to bow you).

For a stronghold, Kaiu Shiro would be pretty decent, if you don't want to go with a more generic one like Kyuden Toketsu, Tani Hitokage or Seventh Tower. With Kaiu Shiro, you can run some of the Yu mechanics that aren't garbage like Peasant Riots, The Mountain does not move, and Pick Your Battles.

Of course I just realize that you might have meant Crab Heros as in 'awesome crabs.' In that case here are the best Crabs IMO for a deck
Hida Atarasi
Hida Benjiro XP
Hida Daizu
Kisada (Great Bear) Xp
Kisada (little bear)
Kuon Xp4
Hida Otoya
Hida Oushi inexp
Hida Rikyu XP
Hida Sharia XP
Hida Sozen XP2
Hida Sukune XP
Hiruma
Hiruma Todori Xp2
Kaiu Nakagawa
Kaiu Sugimoto
Kaiu Esumi
Kaiu Genji (not even sucking up)
Kaiu Onizuka
Kaiu Taru (have you seen this guy!? Jesus)
Kuni Daigo Xp
Kuni Kiyoshi XP 2
Kuni Okichi
Kuni Renyu
Kuni Shinoda
Kuni Yori Inexp.
Kyofu
Yasuki Jinn-Kuen xp and xp2
Yasuki Taka Xp2
Yoritomo xp2 (seriously just paint him blue if it bugs you THAT much)

Personally, I enjoy having a deck that feels fluid more than anything, so what I would do is pick 6-7 personalities that cost more than 8 gold and have the rest cost 8 or less, it should make for a very smooth gold scheme and fluid deck. You want to aim for your holdings to cost 2 gold and produce 3, or cost 4. With the changes to gold production, minting house is as good as north hub village.

Hopefully that helps!
Hida Kokujin
Shireikan

Postby Hida Mu Gen-rou » Tue May 23, 2017 5:32 pm

Thanks for the ideas! Is there any point in running chain decks (avalanvhe or shout)?

"True Heroes never sleep" ~ Hida Kuon
Hida Mu Gen-rou
Shireikan

Postby Hida Kokujin » Tue May 23, 2017 8:34 pm

As cool as the shouts look on paper, in practice they are pretty awful. You would be lucky to pull off a stance of the wall even once. The other issue is that in legacy there are very very strong actions. Guerilla tactics, final duty, hummingbird wings all come to mind. Stance of the wall takes three actions and isn't quite as good as guerilla tactics. Every proactive strategy in your deck should bow someone, or kill someone. If they don't do those things they should make your opponents life worse. Kaiu Taru is great at this, so is a Legion of one.

Since it sounds like you are going for heroes, you have to have jinn-kuen xp. Look for personalities from late lotus up to early celestial.
Hida Kokujin
Shireikan

Postby Hida Kokujin » Tue May 23, 2017 8:37 pm

P. S. Doomed intentions is going to be a big deal.
Hida Kokujin
Shireikan

Return to Decks and Strategies