Good to be back!

Discuss L5R decks and strategies here.

Good to be back!

Postby HidaHayabusa » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:35 am

Hello all!

Ready to splash Firechickens in your decks?
Crab Clan * Mojomaker * Tactical Loyalist * Slightly Kolat * Almost Jade Hand * Officially Elite * House Mormont * Dothraki * exp.6
HidaHayabusa
2009 European Champion

Re: Good to be back!

Postby shineyorkboy » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:34 am

I don't know. Display of Power seems pretty good, but it costs 2 fate and if it gets Forged Edict'd that's a real pain.
Kolat * Merchant * Tactician * Loyal * The Poet Crab * The John Paul Jones of Rokugan
Hida Keigo @ WC III
Kasuga Aizawa @ WC IV
shineyorkboy
Shireikan

Postby HidaHayabusa » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:52 pm

Well everything can be Forged. I think that the card is too powerful along with Know the World.
Crab Clan * Mojomaker * Tactical Loyalist * Slightly Kolat * Almost Jade Hand * Officially Elite * House Mormont * Dothraki * exp.6
HidaHayabusa
2009 European Champion

Postby shineyorkboy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:17 am

Well any event anyway, but some stuff is good without costing an arm and a leg. Plus those are both 3 influence so even with a Keeper you're running 3-1 or 2-2 which means reduced consistency.
Kolat * Merchant * Tactician * Loyal * The Poet Crab * The John Paul Jones of Rokugan
Hida Keigo @ WC III
Kasuga Aizawa @ WC IV
shineyorkboy
Shireikan

Postby HidaHayabusa » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:50 am

Yes. 2/2 is quite good, since you just need to trigger each once in the game. Otherwise, there must be something wrong with the opponent.
HidaHayabusa
2009 European Champion

Postby shineyorkboy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:10 pm

If they're as good as you think how does resolving them both being insufficient to win a game mean there's something wrong with your opponent? Wouldn't that imply your opponent was really good if they managed to come back from that?

Besides I'm pretty sure I'd prefer running something that actually helped break provinces.
Hida Keigo @ WC III
Kasuga Aizawa @ WC IV
shineyorkboy
Shireikan

Postby HidaHayabusa » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:15 am

I meant that even one successful resolution of the event is enough to get you closer to victory and control your opponent. I've seen that the Crab win more matches through Dishonor and attrition rather than breaking all provinces. Display of Power allows you to Resolve more Rings of Air against Honor runners and generally help towards the dishonor theme. In my humble opinion Ring manipulation is very strong right now.

Edit: Add the potential splash of Seeker of Knowledge for more Airs. (3 Displays/3 Seekers)
HidaHayabusa
2009 European Champion

Postby Hiruma Teri » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:56 am

That's the route I'm thinking about as well.
Hiruma Teri
BH #...2007
Saiko Komon, Kamisasori no Kaisho
Hiruma Teri
Shireikan

Postby HidaHayabusa » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:17 am

Seems that the best bet is to splash some control element to go dishonor. Straight Crab military is completely inferior to Dragon, Lion and Unicorns (bigger people, faster people), and very easy for honor runners to stop. Especially Dragons are so good in the 3x core environment, that i'd place them in the tier 1 of militaries.
HidaHayabusa
2009 European Champion

Return to Decks and Strategies