Crab Choke

Discuss L5R decks and strategies here.

Re: Crab Choke

Postby HidaHayabusa » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:26 am

There are many options to spice up the deck, but the real problem of this list, as with any 'spiced up list' is that it fares really bad against straight forward decks. Lions and Dragons are overwhelming. While we setup our Displays of Power and multiple Airs, they just follow a simple game plan and swarm the battles.

Edit: So, what I am trying to say, is that you need to keep this as straight forward as possible. You do have a 'surprise' factor with Display of Power and maybe Seeker of knowledge, but that should be it. The rest of the deck should be focused to stand its ground on battle heavy environments.
Crab Clan * Mojomaker * Tactical Loyalist * Slightly Kolat * Almost Jade Hand * Officially Elite * House Mormont * Dothraki * exp.6
HidaHayabusa
2009 European Champion

Postby Vorrt » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:28 am

I've seen Unicorn splash on the rise due to the amazing draw power of Spyglass.

Thoughts?
Vorrt
Hohei

Postby HidaHayabusa » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:56 pm

It's generically good. Back when I started playing Crab/Phoenix was amazing due to not so many people playing Scorpions.

Unicorn is good for Spyglass, but Spyglass receives tons of hate, and it feels awkward when stolen by Scorpion. So, right now I am playing Crane splash and it feels really solid.

I got a list that I piloted to a 6-1 and a 4-0 in two 3x core L2P tournaments. I can share if people want it.
Crab Clan * Mojomaker * Tactical Loyalist * Slightly Kolat * Almost Jade Hand * Officially Elite * House Mormont * Dothraki * exp.6
HidaHayabusa
2009 European Champion

Postby HidaMizutoshi » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:16 am

Please do, good sir! :)
"Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that two stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me revenge! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!"
HidaMizutoshi
Ashigaru

Postby TeamHidaZarro » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:11 am

So great to be able to post here again. Nice Deck idea! I think i'm going to try it out today at our LGS, L5R night.
Stupidity should be painful!

TeamHidaZarro
Chui

Postby Hyoton » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:38 pm

HidaHayabusa wrote:I got a list that I piloted to a 6-1 and a 4-0 in two 3x core L2P tournaments. I can share if people want it.

Yes please!
EDIT: LOL me (it went up already)
Hyoton
Shireikan

Postby CarneKisada » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:59 pm

In my testing Display of Power is not very good.

Would just go Pacifismx3 and Seeker of Knowledge x3, call it a day.
CarneKisada
Hohei

Postby Hidasaurus » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:37 pm

CarneKisada wrote:In my testing Display of Power is not very good.

I would like to hear more about your reasoning. I am debating DoP. It does cost a lot, but it's effect can be quite significant. Still not sold on Phoenix as my splash though I do think it is a strong option.

I am wondering if it would even be worth splashing Phoenix w/o display of power though. I like pasifism but at 2 cost I am concerned of Let Go being too prominent currently. If I didn't go DoP I think I'd rather splash crane, dragon, or possibly others before Phoenix.
Hidasaurus
Nikutai

Postby CarneKisada » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:54 pm

Hidasaurus wrote:

I would like to hear more about your reasoning. I am debating DoP. It does cost a lot, but it's effect can be quite significant. Still not sold on Phoenix as my splash though I do think it is a strong option.

I am wondering if it would even be worth splashing Phoenix w/o display of power though. I like pasifism but at 2 cost I am concerned of Let Go being too prominent currently. If I didn't go DoP I think I'd rather splash crane, dragon, or possibly others before Phoenix.
Well, I find Against the Waves, Pacifism and Seeker best.

Yes, being able to steal a ring is nice with DoP. But it costs 2 and you still probably lose a province.

Against the Waves can win you a conflict, then take Air with Seeker. So you can bow one of their Shugenja or you can use it on Witchhunter.... If you have an Eager Scout or Initiate, you could use the Witchhunter in three conflicts. So being able to bow down On opponent's character or abusing Witchhunter is good.

Sent from my Z955L using Tapatalk
CarneKisada
Hohei

Postby CarneKisada » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:00 pm

CarneKisada wrote:
Hidasaurus wrote:

Well, I find Against the Waves, Pacifism and Seeker best.

Yes, being able to steal a ring is nice with DoP. But it costs 2 and you still probably lose a province.

Against the Waves can win you a conflict, then take Air with Seeker. So you can bow one of their Shugenja or you can use it on Witchhunter.... If you have an Eager Scout or Initiate, you could use the Witchhunter in three conflicts. So being able to bow down On opponent's character or abusing Witchhunter is good.

In my Phoenix splash I go 2x Pacifism 3 Seeker 3xAgainst the Waves 1x DoP IIRC.

CarneKisada
Hohei

PreviousNext

Return to Decks and Strategies