The Unholy Alliance

Discuss L5R decks and strategies here.

Re: The Unholy Alliance

Postby HidaHayabusa » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:14 pm

It all depends. The playstyle of Crab is dictated by the initial hand and the opponent. You can do both....you can build wide or build tall, depending on your hand and being able to maintain fate on your big personalities.

Underneath the Stronghold probably Defend the Wall is good, but it's not always ideal. I've literally used them all at least once .
Crab Clan * Mojomaker * Tactical Loyalist * Slightly Kolat * Almost Jade Hand * Officially Elite * House Mormont * Dothraki * exp.6
HidaHayabusa
2009 European Champion

Postby Hidasaurus » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:00 pm

What are your thoughts on stoic gunso? In my limited playing I have really preferred to see hiruma ambusher in my hand. I find that extra political to come in handy with a limited but nifty reaction as well. I like how he is one ornate fan or fine katana away from soloing an unopposed province. I can see gunso jumping into battle with an eager scout to break a province, but I have Banzai! For that. I will need to play test more but those are my initial thoughts.

Overall really like the deck list. I have been thinking of splashing crane over my current phoenix splash (also a variant of yours I believe). Thank you for sharing your deck lists
Hidasaurus
Nikutai

Postby HidaHayabusa » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:31 am

Stoic is so and so. But so is Ambusher. I mean both can be amazing and both can be useless. Most of the times, when you are facing a Shoju or a Toturi, Ambusher feels great, but when you have an Envoy and you attack to destroy a province with Gunso getting a fate and a card in the process is also nice.

Stat-wise Ambusher helps more, so you can give it a shot and see who you'd like to have around more.
Crab Clan * Mojomaker * Tactical Loyalist * Slightly Kolat * Almost Jade Hand * Officially Elite * House Mormont * Dothraki * exp.6
HidaHayabusa
2009 European Champion

Postby Kaiu blessyou » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:16 pm

I'm just glad I'm not the only one doing this. Makes me feel kinda dirty.
Kaiu blessyou
Ashigaru

Postby HidaHayabusa » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:10 am

They have printed Funeral Pyre for people like us.
HidaHayabusa
2009 European Champion

Postby Hyoton » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:55 pm

Hida Honk wrote:Against scorp they can backfire as the can use their "for shame" without any setup.

That'd be an interesting bow/honor tech though as a 1 of...
Hyoton
Shireikan

Postby HidaHayabusa » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:12 pm

Still, our in-house courtier count is too low to support running For Shame.
HidaHayabusa
2009 European Champion

Previous

Return to Decks and Strategies