Crab CORE x3

Discuss L5R decks and strategies here.

Crab CORE x3

Postby azgadil » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:02 am

Been doing as much play testing and theory crafting as my schedule allows and I've come to a conclusion that Crab feels underpowered against Lion & Dragon. I don't think I've won a single game vs a skilled Lion player. (another thread recognized challenge against them as well).

The only splash that's worth while against Lion is Dragon and Lion. Then there is a chance. But we like the other splashes because of how well it fairs against Scorpion.

My experience against Lion has me thinking that I need to prioritize Ambusher much higher as it can really shut down LPB and SpiritCaller. It comes through big In match ups as well. Shutting down Shinjo and the annoying little girls. It turns off Doji and other clan champions. Overall seems pretty good.

My last note on Crab is how grinds the matches are. It does not go well in tournament play where which can be decided by points and favor.

My conclusion; Core x3 does not seem well suited for Crab domination. Thoughts?
azgadil
Hohei

Re: Crab CORE x3

Postby HidaHayabusa » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:00 pm

3 Core environment isn't the best spot for Crab. They are good, but not top tier.

Crane,Scorpion, Dragon (due to how good it fares against the other two) and Lion are dominating right now. You can see the quality of their cards which is SO much better than the rest. Crane have event cancelling, harpoon and good stats along with the dreaded Guest of Honor.

Scorpions have cancelling, harpoon, good stats and the dreaded events (see a pattern here?).
Crab Clan * Mojomaker * Tactical Loyalist * Slightly Kolat * Almost Jade Hand * Officially Elite * House Mormont * Dothraki * exp.6
HidaHayabusa
2009 European Champion

Re: Crab CORE x3

Postby Erukai » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:10 pm

What kind of deck/setup/splash are you running? And what specifically about the matchups are difficult. Bow? Send home? Etc... while play decisions are much more fluid than Old5r, having a baseline could help identifying where your problems are and how to best address them.

Kill Count: BEERTALITY.

CSBanahan (3:51:38 PM): I could be beating Goblin's faces in with a hammer, but no, rolling to ignore the bulge in my character's pants when he meets the magistrate's daughter, now THAT"S fun.
Erukai
Shireikan

Return to Decks and Strategies