Crab Performance at Worlds

Postby urzafrank » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:10 pm

http://imperialadvisor.com/wp/2017/11/07/crab-woes/

What do you guys think about this?
urzafrank
Ashigaru

Re: Crab Performance at Worlds

Postby HidaHayabusa » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:49 am

I don't agree. Crabs had players with 5-1, they also got a chance to get to the top 16. I mean if the challenge was won against the Dragon (which was a quite good matchup for the Crab), we would have Crab representation in the top table and people wouldn't be pessimistic about the clan's performance.

It's a well written article but I think that it's more subjective rather than objective. Crabs don't have the problems that the author is mentioning. I never played them defensively and my win rate with the Unicorn splash is pretty good, making me confident that I have a shot at the high tables of every tournament.
Crab Clan * Mojomaker * Tactical Loyalist * Slightly Kolat * Almost Jade Hand * Officially Elite * House Mormont * Dothraki * exp.6
HidaHayabusa
2009 European Champion

Re: Crab Performance at Worlds

Postby Vorrt » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:33 pm

I was at worlds, finished 3-3 (29 pts) missing the cut. I also played on the Sunday side event, getting spanked in 2 rounds and then dropping to leave to go home (9 hour drive).

I ran Hayabusa's Bear Cavalry, and I had only three things I felt needed changing:

- More practice piloting the deck
- Less 1 cost Conflict cards (always fate starved)
- a better mix of of 3+ cost Dynasty cards

The last two points will be improved as the new cycle comes out. The first point would be better with more practice.

P.S. I think Defend the Wall would've been a better Earth Choice.
Vorrt
Hohei

Return to Decks and Strategies