Crab Lion deck

Discuss L5R decks and strategies here.

Crab Lion deck

Postby Hida Ook » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:57 pm

This is my first attempt at a Crab deck. I decided on Lion for a splash. They just have some nifty things for combat.

Please poke holes.

Shiro Nishiyama

role
1x Keeper of Earth

province
1x Defend the Wall
1x Meditations on the Tao
1x Pilgrimage
1x Manicured Garden
1x Rally to the Cause

Dynasty Deck
character (31)
3x Hida Kisada
3x Intimidating Hida
3x Borderlands Defender
3x Hida Guardian
2x Hiruma Yōjimbō
3x Kaiu Envoy
2x Kuni Ritsuko
3x Steadfast Witch Hunter
3x Keeper Initiate
3x Shrewd Yasuki
3x Vanguard Warrior

holding (9)
3x Iron Mine
2x Funeral Pyre
1x The Imperial Palace
2x Favorable Ground
1x Karada District

Conflict Deck
attachment (14)
2x Sashimono IIII
2x Fine Katana
2x Ornate Fan
3x Reprieve
3x Watch Commander
2x Pit Trap

event (24)
2x Assassination
3x Banzai!
3x Charge!
3x Court Games
2x Rout
2x The Mountain Does Not Fall
2x Way of the Crab
2x Raise the Alarm
2x For Greater Glory IIIII I
3x Ready for Battle III

character (2)
2x Stoic Gunsō
Bushi * Courtier

"My tetsubo is a very good negotiator"
User avatar
Hida Ook
Ashigaru
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:21 am

Re: Crab Lion deck

Postby Hida Kenshiro » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:14 pm

Hida Ook wrote:province
1x Defend the Wall
1x Meditations on the Tao
1x Pilgrimage
1x Manicured Garden
1x Rally to the Cause

public forum or ancestral lands is better then defend the wall
Hida Ook wrote:Dynasty Deck
character (31)
3x Hida Kisada
3x Intimidating Hida
3x Borderlands Defender
3x Hida Guardian
2x Hiruma Yōjimbō
3x Kaiu Envoy
2x Kuni Ritsuko
3x Steadfast Witch Hunter
3x Keeper Initiate
3x Shrewd Yasuki
3x Vanguard Warrior
no crisis breaker? also ritsuko is terrible unless you are trying to run cloud the mind and even then i still dont like her.
Hida Ook wrote:holding (9)
3x Iron Mine
2x Funeral Pyre
1x The Imperial Palace
2x Favorable Ground
1x Karada District
while having the favor is nice you dont need it you could cut the imperial palace.
Hida Ook wrote:Conflict Deck
attachment (14)
2x Sashimono IIII
2x Fine Katana
2x Ornate Fan
3x Reprieve
3x Watch Commander
2x Pit Trap
pit trap is terrible i wasnt a fan of sashimono when i tested it look to make room for kamayari and jade tetsubo.
Hida Ook wrote:event (24)
2x Assassination
3x Banzai!
3x Charge!
3x Court Games
2x Rout
2x The Mountain Does Not Fall
2x Way of the Crab
2x Raise the Alarm
2x For Greater Glory IIIII I
3x Ready for Battle III
raise the alarm is bad. sure its looks great when it dumps out kisada for free but that's pretty rare moe than likely you will hit a holding or a cheap spud. how can you play without rebuild? that card is essential to the crab play style. you should maximize assassination and way of the crab its how you control the game board state
Hida Ook wrote:character (2)
2x Stoic Gunsō
every crab deck should run 3 hiruma skirmishers what you do with other characters is up to you but i dont like gunso or ambusher that much.
Image
Image
"Tanuki never waste sake, and so it leaped from the stump to catch the cup before it spilled." - Toritaka Kouseki
User avatar
Hida Kenshiro
LEAST OF ALL EVILS
 
Posts: 7355
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:18 am

Re: Crab Lion deck

Postby HidaHayabusa » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:59 am

If you are going for the Lion splash, you can abuse Legion of One with Keeper Initiates, and potentially by playing Goblin Sneak.
Personally I don't like For Greater Glory that much, but I love Ready for Battle So I'd go 3 RfB, 2 Legion of One and a mix of FGG if you like it and /or Ageless Crone.
Crab Clan * Mojomaker * Tactical Loyalist * Slightly Kolat * Almost Jade Hand * Officially Elite * House Mormont * Dothraki * exp.6
User avatar
HidaHayabusa
2009 European Champion
 
Posts: 4595
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:54 am
Location: Athens, Greece


Return to Decks and Strategies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests