Kotei cork list

Discuss L5R decks and strategies here.

Kotei cork list

Postby AngryCrab » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:29 pm

Hey all good to be back playing l5r again. I'm making the trip to the cork kotei and looking for any helpful suggestions people might have to improve my deck. I've won a few small tournaments in the local area so i think i have good idea of what it is i'm trying to do but i'm always open to new perspectives or just good advice.

I'm playing resource denial/dishonour deck the idea being to continually draw low throughout the game forcing opponent to draw low or risk losing by dishonour, whilst using cards like imperial storehouse and rebuild to keep drawing cards and bin keeper initiates or any unwanted draws. All the while claiming earth and air rings.

Rally to the cause(usually under my stronghold)
Pilgrimage
Meditations of the toa
Defend the wall
Manicured garden

Dynasty

34 personalities
3x Hida Kisada
3x Kiau Shuichi
3x Steadfast witch hunter
3x Borderlands defender
3x Crisis breaker
2x Intimidating hida
2x Stoic magistrate
3x Shrewd yasuki
3x Vanguard warrior
2x Hiruma yojimbo
2x Keeper initiate
3x Kiau envoy
2x Hida guardian

6 Holdingsi
1x Karada district
2x Favourable ground
3x Imperial storehouse

Conflict

Influence 3/13

3x Hiruma skirmisher
2x Hiruma ambusher
3x Watch commander
3x Reprieve
3x Ornate fan
3x Way of the Crab
3x The mountain does not fall
3x Rebuild
3x Rout
3x Charge
3x Court games
3x Banzai
2x Assassinate
3x Backhanded compliment ///

Thats it really. I look forward to reading any comments u might have and any advice or suggestions i can take on board to help improve the deck.
AngryCrab
Hohei

Re: Kotei cork list

Postby HidaHayabusa » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:42 pm

You will be running a better dishonor out of Unicorn splash. Spyglass allows low bids and hand refill, something that your deck completely misses, and you can play Talisman and Before the Throne if you go the dishonor route.

I think that Ambusher is too expensive for what it does, and that you can support 2-3 Policy debates in here. Ornate fan+box bonus is enough to win one, and getting hand info along with discarding the best card is too good to pass.
Crab Clan * Mojomaker * Tactical Loyalist * Slightly Kolat * Almost Jade Hand * Officially Elite * House Mormont * Dothraki * exp.6
HidaHayabusa
2009 European Champion

Postby AngryCrab » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:06 pm

I have thought about cutting the ambusher as i struggle fate to pay for my conflict cards.
Also the unicorn splash is also something thats on my radar. Spyglass would certainly be very good for refilling my hand and the other cards are on my shortlist to playtest.
Dishonour is not the only way i win but it is the most common and i have found that backhande compliment is either a good finisher for sniping the last couple of honour and in a pinch card draw for me.
AngryCrab
Hohei

Postby HidaHayabusa » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:56 pm

Well, Backhanded compliment is bad in my opinion, since it's only useful when the opponent is in dying range. Otherwise, why would you ever draw one out of it, and not bid 1 more and draw?
Crab Clan * Mojomaker * Tactical Loyalist * Slightly Kolat * Almost Jade Hand * Officially Elite * House Mormont * Dothraki * exp.6
HidaHayabusa
2009 European Champion

Return to Decks and Strategies