Jewel Event Topaz, Toledo Ohio, October 25th

Discuss your L5R events and tournaments here.

Jewel Event Topaz, Toledo Ohio, October 25th

Postby johncpt » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:50 pm

Hello and welcome to the thread for Topaz, to be held in Toledo, Ohio this year. I’m John Hubbard and I’ll be your master of ceremonies. The venue is Checkmate Hobbies and Games in Toledo, Ohio. The date is October 25th; start time will be 10 am with registration beginning at 9 am. Pre-reg will be available as soon as I get it set-up. Space is limited to 48 players unless I get 48 pre-regs in which case I will secure a larger venue.
Cost will be $30, we will be drafting 5 packs, 2 of ivory and 3 of expansion (have to see what is available through the local store) I hope to use 3 different packs but will have to work with what is available in the distribution channels. We will draft in pods of 8, but will play Swiss pairings. Format is best 2-of-3 in a 60 minute round, report time is 5 minutes, non-reported matches will be marked as draws. Using the floor rules we will draft a second time for top X. We will draft 2 ivory and 3 expansions for the top X. Top X rounds will be best 2-of-3 with 60 minute rounds, finals will be 120 minute round.
Prize support is being provided by AEG and includes:
4 Booster Boxes
3 Rare Sets
1 Foil Rare Set
150 copies of promo card (3 Packs of 50) 'Poorly Placed Garden',
$50.00 Gift Certificate for Online Store - 1st Place
$25.00 Gift Certificate for Online Store - 2nd Place
Pre-reg will be through PayPal, include your full name and email address so I can acknowledge your payment and mark you on the list
make payments to: johncpt@hotmail.com
pre-regging will guarantee your spot (I have a space limit of 48), will let me know if I need a bigger venue, and you will get a small gift (I’m thinking a 1/4th size card token to use as a favor token)
TO: Toledo Kotei 2012
johncpt
Gunso

Re: Jewel Event Topaz, Toledo Ohio, October 25th

Postby johncpt » Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:26 pm

Ok, official notice, prereg ends on sunday october 19th, I will still take paypal payments for the event up until the 24th, but you will not receive the prereg token.
johncpt
Gunso

Re: Jewel Event Topaz, Toledo Ohio, October 25th

Postby johncpt » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:47 pm

ok, payment through paypal ends tonight, thank you to the 13 players that signed up early. I'll see everyone bright and early tomorrow morning
johncpt
Gunso

Return to Community & Tournaments