Ask Chris and Max anything

Discuss L5R stories and post fanfics here.

Ask Chris and Max anything

Postby Daigotsu Max » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:35 am

Hello guys! This will be our ST communication thread, similar to the one we opened on the Spider forum.

To start, I thought I'd echo the question Chris asked on the Spider forum - what kind of stories would you like to see for the Crab? Are there any characters you would like to see more of?
Story Team - RPG freelance writer
Daigotsu Max
AEG Story Team

Re: Ask Chris and Max anything

Postby ACharmingHida » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:48 am

1. Crab fighting monsters is obviously what they were meant to do and why they're so awesome. More of that would make me pretty happy.

2. I am a huge fan of the Hiruma school and would love to see light given to the scouts whose techniques know no rivals.

3. Sometimes I get the impression that Kisada does not share the same trust and camaraderie that his father did with men around him. I find that a shame and would love to see Kisada develop a friendship or at least trust like Kuon and Benjiro so obviously had. Perhaps I missed it somewhere, but, is Kisada even married?

4. More Renyu, that guy is miles cooler than just about any Crab out now.

5. Speaking of cool crab. My favorite Crab are either dead or retired, and I'm ok with that, but I feel as if their successors aren't always worthy of the mantle. We don't "defend the wall day and night" anymore and while that is a tragedy all on its own, I understand that it's not likely to change. That being said, where are our similar stories of defense in the colonies, meeting against corruption, training new students. I'd love to see stories that became the modern day legends. I enjoy telling the story of the Crab whose only duty was to scream before he died and of Crab heroes from Clan war and later, but I feel like i have no Ivory stories to tell. The fictions have been great, don't get me wrong, but some more personalized stories that the Crab can tell to others would be fantastic.
Last edited by ACharmingHida on Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Never… never suffer the darkness to live,” -Hiruma Akio

"I will be the light that purifies the Empire. All that live in Darkness should fear me, for they will not survive my crusade of fire." -Kuni Daigo

Shawn Carman wrote:You're the clan of guys who hunt down what are literally the most dangerous entities in known existence and you beat them with a metal baseball bat until one of you dies.

Enriched and nuanced subtlety wasn't really on the table. ;)
ACharmingHida
Shireikan

Postby barswanian » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:20 pm

My bit of selfishness is still hoping for something to come from toritaka koseki's appearance in the previous court and the crab having information on spirits of the colonies.

Hopefully we might see stories that see the interplay between the crab families. One of the founding bits that identify the crab is how each family has taken a role, working together toward a common goal. We've seen a bit of how the hida have dealt with a quiet shadowlands; and its not so quiet anymore.
But how are the many families holding up? The kaiu have been busy throughout the empire. Shirk hiruma could be something very odd during a quiet shadowlands: what were they up to? Have any found the route that monk took through the shadowlands to the colonies?
3F 1C Barswanian - 3HR - 1GC - 2PH
Crab Clan * Loyal * Lorekeeper * Jade Hand

Played Hiruma Todori at Winter Court: Kyuden Gotei; Toritaka Kouseki at Winter Court; and Yasuki Tono at Winter Court: Toshi Ranbo
barswanian
Adjunct Faculty - Hida War College

Postby barswanian » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:49 pm

Oh!

And what happened to/with Hiruma Todori?

Who is the Hiruma Daimyo? Our other families? (we've got Kaiu, Hida & Kuni covered I believe, leaving Toritaka, Yasuki & Hiruma.)

Played Hiruma Todori at Winter Court: Kyuden Gotei; Toritaka Kouseki at Winter Court; and Yasuki Tono at Winter Court: Toshi Ranbo
barswanian

Postby barswanian » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:52 am

Also: Are there any plans to show the crab/Spider war in the fiction? I know it snuck up on people after the GenCon rpg event was forgotten at the start of court: is there going to be room for it to occur in the onslaught of fictions that are already coming?

And how are last year's kotei wins going to play into that, if at all? I think Spider has a hostage they can gain, and the crab have 3 duels they get to win. (not saying they'll absolutely use them against each other, but let's face it, signs point towards likely.) How about Winter Court?

barswanian

Postby Hyoton » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:38 pm

How long is this crab half-honorable-half-not-honorable split going to continue?
Hyoton
Shireikan

Postby Daigotsu Max » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:42 am

Hyoton wrote:How long is this crab half-honorable-half-not-honorable split going to continue?

What do you mean?
Story Team - RPG freelance writer
Daigotsu Max
AEG Story Team

Postby Kaiu Genji » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:50 am

I for one, would like to see more of the Kaiu in stories, and not just as the "Engineering Dwarf" stereotype they are often pinned as.

Kaiu Onizuka, former Topaz Champ offers a great opportunity to do more than just his namesake :banana:
Owner of the Crab Clan Catastrophe * The Dynasty
If you have L5R CCG rules questions, ask them unofficially in the Rules and Questions forum or officially ask them here!
Shawn Carman wrote:Those gods are bitches, man.

Hida Kojuro wrote: We are Crab. We have more force than you. Good luck stopping us. :HIDA:

Kaiu Genji
Traveling Crab

Postby Hyoton » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:34 pm

Well, for example Kisada talking about the second city will be a place of honor in his letter to the crab. Does half the crab even care?
Hyoton
Shireikan

Postby Yasuki Binbo » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:31 pm

Mostly I am curious to know why the Crab are Traditionalist outside the Seikan/Shibatsu thing.

To me the Crab have always had a if it works go with it attitude towards things. They were the first to accept the Unicorn they adapted to working with the Scorpion. I have a hard time believing that they would go about the Colonies not adapting Invinda(sp) tech to improve the eternal war with the Spiderlands.
Rob McColl---- Still the worst. Suzume Shindo WC4 (Hiruma Shindo)
Coin and Steel Shipping Securities - We hire the very best whether they know it or not.
C38
Yasuki Binbo
Kami

Next

Return to Story Forum