Ask Chris and Max anything

Discuss L5R stories and post fanfics here.

Re: Ask Chris and Max anything

Postby kaymar » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:10 pm

barswanian wrote:What's happened to the servants of the Jade & Obsidian hands?

Namely: http://imperialassembly.com/oracle/#cardid=3218 Hida Ubogin, who was given the Talisman of Meido: http://imperialassembly.com/oracle/#cardid=7758 which we were told would keep him from aging?

Yes! Yes, this!

:HIDA:
* Tartan Terror * Kilt wearer * Ronin * Thinks Fezes are Cool * freelance peace-keeping agent, yes? *
kaymar
Kami

Postby Iagosan » Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:43 pm

Do you have plans for Yajinden? I am honestly surprised he hasn’t ascended to Dark Fortune by now. Being the single most powerful and possibly the oldest surviving member of the Spider Clan, the dude sort of gets shuffled into the background. When he does show up he is usually playing master of disguise. Seeing him hit on Suikihime was fun and all, but his appearance didn’t seem to matter in the long run.

Also, when is the Paneki's Disgrace story really going to be resolved?
"Know this, Hitomi-sama. When you rise from earth to heaven, the Crab will be watching you. Do not think that our arrows cannot reach you in the sky. If we must, we will build a wall so high and so thick that even you cannot harm the Empire, and we will shoot at you from atop it until you fall screaming to the ground. Now, go." ~ Kuni Utagu, The Twenty-seven Days of Darkness—Day 14

Iagosan
Shireikan

Postby Doji Azai » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:34 pm

I'm not sure on Master Ubogin. I'll have to do some digging.

I have plans for Yajinden.

What do you mean "really" resolved in regards to the Disgrace?
C Thomas Hand
Shi-Tien Yen-Wang at WC IV*Doji Azai*BackHand*Team Stella*Athos
L5R Story Team*L5R RPG Team
"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em."
Doji Azai
AEG Story Team

Postby barswanian » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:17 pm

Doji Azai wrote:I'm not sure on Master Ubogin. I'll have to do some digging.

I have plans for Yajinden.

What do you mean "really" resolved in regards to the Disgrace?

The disgrace was making some sort of present, or setting up some sort of present for his son.
3F 1C Barswanian - 3HR - 1GC - 2PH
Crab Clan * Loyal * Lorekeeper * Jade Hand

Played Hiruma Todori at Winter Court: Kyuden Gotei; Toritaka Kouseki at Winter Court; and Yasuki Tono at Winter Court: Toshi Ranbo
barswanian
Adjunct Faculty - Hida War College

Postby Iagosan » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:04 pm

Doji Azai wrote:What do you mean "really" resolved in regards to the Disgrace?

I am in no way convinced the creature that was destroyed in An End to Disgrace was actually Paneki's Disgrace. If it was, then the arc resolution seemed like a cop-out, like the story team didn't know what to do with the situation and just needed close the plot, and it was more important to show that Nitoshi is, without a doubt, a complete and utter psychopath. There is more going on than has been revealed.

I was actually preparing a post when the Halloween episode was released which pretty much expressed my exact thoughts:
Scenes from the Empire: Halloween Deluxe Edition wrote:“Then if it was in fact a cunning predator,” the woman did not relent, “that begs the question: what was it doing during the months or even years between its appearances? Were the attacks in the Lion lands and on mountain travelers little more than a diversion to maintain your attention elsewhere? You must have scoured the mountains in their entirety. Could it be that the thing was venturing forth elsewhere to pursue some unknown agenda?”

Keirei gaped at the young woman. “What is your name?” he asked, his voice rasping.

“Shosuro Kanako, my lord,” she replied, bowing.

The old man nodded. “The rest of you are dismissed,” he said curtly. “Kanako-san, you and I have much to talk about, I think.”

Whether that was really Paneki's Disgrace or not, this is either not finished yet, or the Story Team is pulling our legs.
"Know this, Hitomi-sama. When you rise from earth to heaven, the Crab will be watching you. Do not think that our arrows cannot reach you in the sky. If we must, we will build a wall so high and so thick that even you cannot harm the Empire, and we will shoot at you from atop it until you fall screaming to the ground. Now, go." ~ Kuni Utagu, The Twenty-seven Days of Darkness—Day 14

Iagosan
Shireikan

Postby Doji Azai » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:02 pm

Unfortunately, it may be better for Shawn to answer this particular question.

I'll ping him.
C Thomas Hand
Shi-Tien Yen-Wang at WC IV*Doji Azai*BackHand*Team Stella*Athos
L5R Story Team*L5R RPG Team
"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em."
Doji Azai
AEG Story Team

Previous

Return to Story Forum