Thunderous Acclaim Part I

Discuss L5R stories and post fanfics here.

Thunderous Acclaim Part I

Postby Kakita_Shiro » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:46 pm

http://imperialassembly.com/news.php?news=113

In which a Fox and a Phoenix meet in a dream, change is forced upon the Spider Clan, someone encounters an Asako Inquisitor, and the monk Enomoto sees things.
Kakita_Shiro
Nikutai

Re: Thunderous Acclaim Part I

Postby Iagosan » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:56 am

Thunderous Acclaim, Part 1 wrote:Iweko Seiken, imminent Emperor of Rokugan, turned his own, baleful gaze upon Daigotsu Kanpeki. “It would be blasphemy to see your blood spilled in this most sacred chamber, and that is the only reason I permit you to continue to draw breath. But know this…you have stood before me, before anyone, as a Clan Champion for the last time. Savor this moment, Spider. It will not come again.”

Kanpeki drew himself up and bowed. “You will do as you must, Emperor,” he said, then turned his back on the Dais. As he exited the chamber, he called over his shoulder, “And I will do the same.”

And then Hida Kisada followed the Spider out of the most sacred chamber and causally took Kettei from the monk who understood he had no need to polish the sacred blade. Kisada followed this creature below his station for a moment, when the man stopped briefly with is mouth poised to offer a word of—

Snap.

Faster than most could perceive, the Clan Champions witnessed Kisada’s blade pass the man before him. And Kanpeki‘s head rolled to the floor as his body collapsed to the ground.

Oh wait a minute…this did not happen why? I guess that’s what we are supposed to stay tuned for…
"Know this, Hitomi-sama. When you rise from earth to heaven, the Crab will be watching you. Do not think that our arrows cannot reach you in the sky. If we must, we will build a wall so high and so thick that even you cannot harm the Empire, and we will shoot at you from atop it until you fall screaming to the ground. Now, go." ~ Kuni Utagu, The Twenty-seven Days of Darkness—Day 14

Iagosan
Shireikan

Postby shineyorkboy » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:26 am

I loved this story so much. It was such a refreshing change of pace to see Iweko written as being competent. (Though if the Celestial Heavens have the power to prevent people from becoming Tainted one has to wonder why the weren't doing that for the last thousand years.)

While I'd hesitate to say I'm optimistic about the future of the setting this has at least made me less apathetic.
Kolat * Merchant * Tactician * Loyal * The Poet Crab * The John Paul Jones of Rokugan
Hida Keigo @ WC III
Kasuga Aizawa @ WC IV
shineyorkboy
Shireikan

Postby Rixy » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:49 pm

TA Part 1, Hida Kozan as Voice wrote:"However, she has prepared for this outcome and, in her divine wisdom, extended the blessings of the Celestial Heavens to all those who serve her with honor and grace.

{{Emphasis mine}}

Anyone else wondering if this means that Kolat members (and ninja types) might be in trouble?
Femme Crab * Artisan * Darling of the Season GC '11 * Kuni Itsuko @ WC3
Rixy
Mistress of Honor

Postby shineyorkboy » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:23 pm

Well Jiro is Tainted so possibly. Although we probably have our own magical solution to the problem.
Kolat * Merchant * Tactician * Loyal * The Poet Crab * The John Paul Jones of Rokugan
Hida Keigo @ WC III
Kasuga Aizawa @ WC IV
shineyorkboy
Shireikan

Return to Story Forum