Winter Court 4 Player Applications

Discuss the L5R RPG and other L5R Roleplaying here.

Winter Court 4 Player Applications

Postby WiseGuy » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:40 pm

As some of you know, through my posts, I am just an awful L5R card game player but I really love and enjoy the L5R Story and the roleplay side of things and now I read that the Winter Court 4 player applications are now open.

I know that we as a Clan have many talented and keen role players and I know that the Crab Clan will strongly represent.

Looks like we have a choice of home-brew or canon characters so the choice can be there.

Who's in?
http://www.l5r.com/2014/08/02/winter-court-iv-player-applications-open/
Hiruma Kenchu of the Crab Clan.

"No surrender. No compromise. Even one step into shadow is too many."

I was the Fortune Kisada at Winter Court IV.

WiseGuy
Nikutai

Re: Winter Court 4 Player Applications

Postby Doji Azai » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:26 pm

The first snowflake is soon to fall upon the tall spires of the Imperial City. Toshi Ranbo wo Shien Shite Reigasho, the Violence Behind Courtliness City, is soon to welcome entrants into its hallowed halls. The Empress has declared her court and intricately crafted invitations have been sent out to the glorious, the skilled, and the well-connected. Will you step forward and volunteer your services to the Clan of Hida?

Winter Court IV is coming soon (this December in fact!). The Crab are in dire need of their best and brightest to represent their clan in the dangerous halls of a wicked and deceptive court.

Winter Court is a play-by-post version of the RPG and you are all invited to craft your characters and play. The court this year takes place in none other than the Capitol City, Toshi Ranbo, and it welcomes only the best, brightest, and most skilled. The Imperial Families stand ready to shame the weak, honor the skilled, and glorify those actions which serve the Empress of Rokugan. The hot topic, of course, is the Imperial Succession and the dangers of politics have never been more apparent. Only those with the greatest skill and stalwart of heart will survive. Will one of them be you?

In WC IV you will create a character who may become an official, "canon," member of the Rokugani Roster. You may, instead, request to play a pre-existing member of and help shape their future. In either case, you will have the chance to impact the story going forward to include the pending L5R Novel and the story of the Imperial Succession. Each Clan will have its own agenda, partially provided by the GMs and Story Team. However, you will have the chance to shape the agenda and actions of your clan as well.

Should you have any questions, I will be checking the boards as much as possible in the role of an Assistant GM. Many of you probably do not know me, but I have been a long-time player of the game. I have played the RPG since its creation and the CCG since late '96. I have helped write on 2nd Edition and am now a Freelance writer on the 4E RPG. To date I have worked on Book of Water, Secrets of the Empire, Book of Void, Sword and Fan, and the Imperial Herald. Of particular note to the Crab, I did significant work on the Mass Battle, and Victory/Defeat section of the Sword and Fan.

Please refer any basic questions to the WC IV FAQ located here: http://www.alderac.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=107320

I am eager to serve!
C Thomas Hand
Shi-Tien Yen-Wang at WC IV*Doji Azai*BackHand*Team Stella*Athos
L5R Story Team*L5R RPG Team
"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em."
Doji Azai
AEG Story Team

Postby barswanian » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:18 pm

I put in my application.

Don't know how I can top Todori & Kouseki at this point, but there's still plenty of story in me!
3F 1C Barswanian - 3HR - 1GC - 2PH
Crab Clan * Loyal * Lorekeeper * Jade Hand

Played Hiruma Todori at Winter Court: Kyuden Gotei; Toritaka Kouseki at Winter Court; and Yasuki Tono at Winter Court: Toshi Ranbo
barswanian
Adjunct Faculty - Hida War College

Postby Hida Mu Gen-rou » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:36 am

Which time zone does the action usually occur?

"True Heroes never sleep" ~ Hida Kuon
Hida Mu Gen-rou
Shireikan

Postby Hida Kenshiro » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:33 am

Hida Mu Gen-rou wrote:Which time zone does the action usually occur?

all of them
"Tanuki never waste sake, and so it leaped from the stump to catch the cup before it spilled." - Toritaka Kouseki
Hida Kenshiro
LEAST OF ALL EVILS

Return to L5R RPG & Roleplaying