Hida Kozan/Seppun Arisu AMA from WC4

Discuss the L5R RPG and other L5R Roleplaying here.

Hida Kozan/Seppun Arisu AMA from WC4

Postby angry_crab » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:38 pm

So big surprise! I was Hida Kozan and Seppun Arisu at Winter Court 4. I am willing to answer any questions within reason of course. It is with this thread that I start off my #OLT (One Last Time).

Let me first say, that I did have fun with some aspects of Winter Court. Much love to those of the Spider Delegation who made the experience of RPing Kozan a joy.

I will not answer any questions regarding story and all as I am under NDA. I will also not answer any questions that pertain to any personal rumors/issues/or the like regarding any player or staff of WC4.

Overall, it was an experience and now its time to move on. Thanks to the Spider delegation, Yasuki Tono (Bars), Kuni Sango (Boogiepop), Seppun Ibu, GM Konohama, and the player who played Kuni Tomokazu (I really hope that Tomokazu being Kozan's protege is made canon).

All that said, in the words of Carol Burnett, "lets bump up the lights and take questions from the audience!"
Hida Ikarukani
Crab Clan*Berserker*Angry Crab
Hida Shara @ WC
Hida Reiha @ '09/'10 WCII
Kuni Renyu @ '12/13 WCIII
Hida Kozan @ GC '13

"What poor Crab refuses to use every tool, every weapon placed in his hands? I do not play games, Renyu-sama. I claim victories for the Crab. Am I to be that Phoenix, bemoaning his fate, or do I seize the stone of destiny and carve the will of the Crab into it?" ~ Hida Kozan
angry_crab
Token Moderator

Re: Hida Kozan/Seppun Arisu AMA from WC4

Postby Yasuki Binbo » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:25 pm

Why Didn't e get the MCA meeting with Kozan? You asked for us and then nothing.
Rob McColl---- Still the worst. Suzume Shindo WC4 (Hiruma Shindo)
Coin and Steel Shipping Securities - We hire the very best whether they know it or not.
C38
Yasuki Binbo
Kami

Postby Hiruma Tetsuya » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:02 am

Hi!

I still remember Arisu throwing and grappling Tetsu like a rag doll :D . That was fun xD
WC IV Crab delegate (Seppun Tetsuya)
Hiruma Tetsuya
Hohei

Postby angry_crab » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:17 am

Yasuki Binbo wrote:Why Didn't e get the MCA meeting with Kozan? You asked for us and then nothing.

That I do want to apologize for. My intent was for that to happen and for the meeting with the Mantis to happen. There were other factors that occurred that threw that off course. MCA I will admit was most difficult because of where the direction of the meeting would go. My idea was to find out where they stood on the whole traditionalist/progressive movement. I was directed to move away from that angle for fear of making Kozan seem favorable to one of the sons over the other.
Hida Ikarukani
Hida Shara @ WC
Hida Kozan @ GC '13

"What poor Crab refuses to use every tool, every weapon placed in his hands? I do not play games, Renyu-sama. I claim victories for the Crab. Am I to be that Phoenix, bemoaning his fate, or do I seize the stone of destiny and carve the will of the Crab into it?" ~ Hida Kozan
angry_crab
Token Moderator

Postby Boogiepop » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:22 am

We never got to do that yoga, I guess I should have nudged myself into Kozan's schedule more assertively.
I was Kuni Sango @ WC4 • I was Yasuki Noa @ WC3 • Stalks the Boards
Boogiepop
Shireikan

Postby Wakshaani » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:33 pm

When Kitsu Chikuma got called to your office on Day ... 3? 4? Two questions came up.

1) Was Kozan utting the moves on her? She was convinced that you were after some of that Kitsu booty, so I got drug along as an honor guardian, just in case. She wasn't interested in getting hitched, but, with Dat Status, it's not as if she could have said no.

2) It -felt- like Kozan was hovering around a question of, "If Shibatsu takes the throne, will the Lion stand by the Crab as we take up arms against the Throne?" It was never splled out, but that's the perception that we were getting and had to step back from. Oh, we HATE progressivism, but lifting a blade against the Throne? That was just too much.
3 F, 3 C, - HR, 7 GC, 2 PH

Crane Clan * Samurai * Merchant * Whooping Crane
Wakshaani
Gunso

Postby Wakshaani » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:39 pm

Oh hey, I still have that avatar.

D'oh.
3 F, 3 C, - HR, 7 GC, 2 PH

Crane Clan * Samurai * Merchant * Whooping Crane
Wakshaani
Gunso

Postby Asako Michi » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:51 pm

1. If it doesn't fall under the NDA, what schools did Kozan actually belong to? I've been trying to figure that out, but all I have is "some kind of shugneja and possibly an actual Witch Hunter."

2. What was your favorite IC moment as Kozan? As Arisu?

3. Besides the meetings with the MCA and Mantis, was there a subplot you wanted to be in on or a plotpoint you wanted to see happen, but never got to for one reason or another?

4. How does Kozan actually feel about marrying Koiso?
Asako Michi
Ashigaru

Postby angry_crab » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:09 pm

Wakshaani wrote:When Kitsu Chikuma got called to your office on Day ... 3? 4? Two questions came up.

1) Was Kozan utting the moves on her? She was convinced that you were after some of that Kitsu booty, so I got drug along as an honor guardian, just in case. She wasn't interested in getting hitched, but, with Dat Status, it's not as if she could have said no.

2) It -felt- like Kozan was hovering around a question of, "If Shibatsu takes the throne, will the Lion stand by the Crab as we take up arms against the Throne?" It was never splled out, but that's the perception that we were getting and had to step back from. Oh, we HATE progressivism, but lifting a blade against the Throne? That was just too much.

1) Kozan wasn't really putting the moves on her. He may have had interest but not really "putting the moves" on. Chikuma was cool BTW.

2) Not really it was more like "if this goes south, what will the lion do to preserve the empire's traditions?" Kozan is loyal to the throne but to advocate an action against it would have been treasonous on his part. It was more of his way of asking, "Lion, you've lost a lot. We Crab lost a lot. What are we going to do should the shit hit the fan".
Hida Ikarukani
Hida Shara @ WC
Hida Kozan @ GC '13

angry_crab
Token Moderator

Postby angry_crab » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:23 pm

Asako Michi wrote:1. If it doesn't fall under the NDA, what schools did Kozan actually belong to? I've been trying to figure that out, but all I have is "some kind of shugneja and possibly an actual Witch Hunter."

2. What was your favorite IC moment as Kozan? As Arisu?

3. Besides the meetings with the MCA and Mantis, was there a subplot you wanted to be in on or a plotpoint you wanted to see happen, but never got to for one reason or another?

4. How does Kozan actually feel about marrying Koiso?

1) Without giving away the farm; Kozan IS a Kuni Shugenja.

2) Favorite IC moment as Kozan... The scene where he tell Arisu that his feelings for her are mutual. Also the scene with the Spider Clan. As Arisu, pretty much I enjoyed all my scenes with her but winner would go to the banter between her and Seppun Ibu.

3) I would have liked to have had Kozan and Arisu be a part of the Oni battle. There was some work done prior to me leaving the game due to personal reasons. I would have liked to have showcased his abilities.

4) Koiso. Well, he's fine with it. Will it actually happen? We'll see.
Hida Ikarukani
Hida Shara @ WC
Hida Kozan @ GC '13

angry_crab
Token Moderator

Return to L5R RPG & Roleplaying