New L5R RPGER looking for clarity

Discuss the L5R RPG and other L5R Roleplaying here.

New L5R RPGER looking for clarity

Postby darkestseraph » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:01 pm

I intended to create a support character designed for void mastery and void point expenditure, however during a session I found myself hitting a wall I had accidentally built for myself. You see my character only knows one spell that allows offensive moves of any kind and that spell is The Empty Voice. My question relates to the usage of spell slots and my usage of the empty voice which supposedly allows my character to cast any rank 2 or lower spell from any ring, however, I am only spending my void slots in session. Is this correct, or should the spelling cast use the spell slots that coordinate with the respective ring?

Please guys. I really am enjoying my character but this huge weekends with get my party wiped because of my lack of slots.
darkestseraph
Ashigaru

Re: New L5R RPGER looking for clarity

Postby darkestseraph » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:44 am

Please guys, if anyone can clear this up for me it would be great. I'd like a continuity to be able to counter any GM with or I'll have to rework my characters whole concept
darkestseraph
Ashigaru

Postby Bayushi Narumo » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:57 am

I would love to help you, but can you post reference to which book/page are you using?
Bayushi Narumo * Forum Drifter * Lurker * Loyal *This Card Sucks dpt" Apostle of Burnination * Image
ImageImage
Dirty Yasuki wrote:
Hida Bob wrote:Diplomacy is the art of smiling at the snarling doberman while looking for a large gun.
Bayushi Narumo
Nikutai

Postby Kuni Tomokazu » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:14 am

Sad to say, but it is correct. The Empty Voice is a Void spell, and thus needs a Void slot.

Which, for any shugenja, are worth gold.

Does your school offer some other spells? Also, which rank are you playing?
Kuni Tomokazu
Hohei

Return to L5R RPG & Roleplaying