Thunderous Acclaim - mantis previews

Post and discuss previews of future sets here.

Re: Thunderous Acclaim - mantis previews

Postby wrongspeedy » Wed May 27, 2015 8:06 pm

Hida Kenshiro wrote:
wrongspeedy wrote:
Hida Kenshiro wrote:why is it i find myself liking other clans cards more than my own?

Self-loathing masochistic pessimist perhaps?

Sounds like a great concubine for Renyu-sama.

>8D

Meh I thought our guys were alright. Thing gives us a reason to maybe start running school of wizardy*

Razorfang should be really good in our Kuni decks.

i guess my problem is when i have seen half the previews and all of the deck ideas i have had thus far (and it a lot of them) dont change... i get a little down that design is yet again uninspired for my faction of choice. I want to see Kaiu work at all i want to see Kuni be fast enough for the environment I WANT MY MOTHER FUCKING DISHONOR VICTORY CONDITION... i got none of these so far.

I know its easier for me to say this because you've been at this longer. But we just got keep doing our thing. Keep making decks and something will come up. I agree that the situation seems less than pleasant for us. But people from all clans will find a way to feel like you're currently feeling. I just don't think its beneficial to my happiness to feel that way.

On another note.

I don't think I will have room for that Mantis chick in my Shuggie decks.
MoZi

"His mettle will be tested first here. It will be tested again."
wrongspeedy
Shireikan

Postby Hyoton » Wed May 27, 2015 8:12 pm

It just seems to me that if you're in a situation where you can spend 6g on this 0F shug, you should be in a good spot to win no matter what with regards to military. It's a dead card late game and crab shugs PHs are generally so low there's no point seeing it early game.

Interestingly, the card is worded to also hit add to hand and return to hand effects.
Hyoton
Shireikan

Postby wrongspeedy » Wed May 27, 2015 9:27 pm

Victorious Wave Men XD
MoZi

"His mettle will be tested first here. It will be tested again."
wrongspeedy
Shireikan

Postby Hida Shirin » Thu May 28, 2015 4:48 pm

I am really starting to lose my patience with DT. I gave them the benefit of the doubt in Ivory, and got burned. 20F looked more promising, but yet we still see obviously OP stuff going to 1-2 clans while the rest got average cards. I just don't get it. Have they not learned anything since Ivory Crane pre errata?

Sigh... I can only hope they find the magic formula again in Onyx. My confidence in DT is at an all-time low.

OT, good for Mantis. Akira is a beast. Not many cards can reduce PS with Expensive Achievement cycled out.

Maybe losing their SH next year is a reason they are getting stronger cards. But it is still disappointing to see this imbalance continue to exist.
NZ Kotei Winner 2012
NZ Kotei Top Crab 2006, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Hida Shirin
Rikugunshokan

Postby Yasuki Binbo » Thu May 28, 2015 7:36 pm

The kitsune is gonna murder my current yasuki deck.
Rob McColl---- Still the worst. Suzume Shindo WC4 (Hiruma Shindo)
Coin and Steel Shipping Securities - We hire the very best whether they know it or not.
C38
Yasuki Binbo
Kami

Postby Kakita_Shiro » Fri May 29, 2015 12:34 pm

Only in Mantis can a 3F/4C self-straightening Naval Magistrate for 6GC be considered a boring card.
Kakita_Shiro
Nikutai

Previous

Return to Previews Forum