Thunderous Acclaim - Spider Previews

Post and discuss previews of future sets here.

Thunderous Acclaim - Spider Previews

Postby Hida Kenshiro » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:18 pm

http://spiderclan.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1705
http://imperialassembly.com/news.php?news=109
http://www.l5r.com/2015/06/03/thunderou ... se-spider/

again these cards are better than crabs hell kenpeki alone is better than everything we had previewed. that being said Unseemly brawl goes right into the kaiu deck (i cant say this with a straight face)
"Tanuki never waste sake, and so it leaped from the stump to catch the cup before it spilled." - Toritaka Kouseki
Hida Kenshiro
LEAST OF ALL EVILS

Re: Thunderous Acclaim - Spider Previews

Postby Umiushi taida » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:58 pm

Wow, spider might actually be good. As much as i dispise the spider they deserve better cards. Its sad that the crab still got the shaft pretty hard.
Second place Florida Kotei 2013 (Yasuki)
2014 Emerald championship winner. (Kuni)
Second place Atlanta Kotei 2015 (Yasuki)
Nola Kotei 2015 winner (Yasuki)
Top crab worlds 2015
Umiushi taida
Gunso

Postby Hyoton » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:11 pm

The crab previews are looking hilariously bad in hindsight.
Hyoton
Shireikan

Postby Hida Shirin » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:07 pm

I really don't know how they balance these things. Once again, 1-2 clans got seemingly OP cards, while others got average stuff. I am at the brink of giving up on DT...

Don't get me wrong. I am happy that Spider got good cards. They really need it. But I just don't understand why the power level has to be so obviously unbalanced across the clans.
NZ Kotei Winner 2012
NZ Kotei Top Crab 2006, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Hida Shirin
Rikugunshokan

Postby Mauziz » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:11 pm

Hida Shirin wrote:I really don't know how they balance these things. Once again, 1-2 clans got seemingly OP cards, while others got average stuff. I am at the brink of giving up on DT...

Don't get me wrong. I am happy that Spider got good cards. They really need it. But I just don't understand why the power level has to be so obviously unbalanced across the clans.

What I love about this is how the Spider players are complaining that these new cards are either underpowered/useless or at best on par with other cards. My point (other than to laugh at silly Spider players) is that we shouldn't be too quick to judge our cards. They certainly suffer from being mostly focused on a niche theme that our clan isn't entire sure about (Kaiu honor), but the view from within and without is always very different. Don't forget how that the grass always seems greener on the other side!
Mauziz
Nikutai

Postby Hyoton » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:13 pm

Well I think they're right, the spider cards look on the side of balanced to underpowered (except yajinden sensei who singlehandedly saves the shadowlands theme), but they have a lot more utility than the ThA crab previewed shugs and kaiu. And some of them are even interesting cards as opposed to Melee 3 Guy.
Hyoton
Shireikan

Postby Hida Shirin » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:58 pm

Yajinden supercharges their Fear theme at basically no cost. -1PS is irrelevant when you have an extra Dynasty flip, -2FH also a dud (unless you face Dishonor) because of starting 2nd perks. And the strong Spider guys are Shadowlands anyway.

They can also run Shadowland cards without losing honor and have an extra kicker of destroying 4F Followers for free (not spending a card).

I am counting 3 non-uniques with Fear 4 (Daigoro, Roburo, boxable Monk Duelist), Voitagi (Undead Human??) with Fear 3, and Tairao (F reduction). Throw in the boxable guy who boosts Fear as Interrupt and the Terrain that lets Fear go past Followers. Now this is looking scary.

It reminds me of KHXP Scouts but with Fear instead of RA. While it is not reaching broken levels just yet, how is this not incredibly powerful in the current environment?

And what sensei did we get? Gain 1 extra honor when wining a battle but you lose 1PS? Score! :roll:

All I am asking is that other clans get similarly strong cards. Not to cut down tall poppies.
NZ Kotei Winner 2012
NZ Kotei Top Crab 2006, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
Hida Shirin
Rikugunshokan

Postby wrongspeedy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:42 pm

I feel like the previews are also holding out a few cards. So maybe what they aren't showing us is better than what they are showing us.
MoZi

"His mettle will be tested first here. It will be tested again."
wrongspeedy
Shireikan

Return to Previews Forum