Siege: Clan War Preview Hida Yakamo XP2CW

Post and discuss previews of future sets here.

Siege: Clan War Preview Hida Yakamo XP2CW

Postby Hida Togeriso » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:46 am

Greetings!!!

The new article on Siege: Clan War previews (link to the article) the some of the Strongholds that will be used in the game.

And this little dude right here.

Hida Yakamo, Seven Thunder
6F/4C
6/14/4
Clan Champion • Commander • Experienced 2CW • Hero • Jade • Loyal • Resilient • Samurai • Tactician • Unique
Cannot gain Corruption tokens or Shadowlands. After Yakamo enters play, you may create and Equip to him (paying all costs) a +2C/4GC Hand • Jade Item with the traits, "Cannot be transferred or destroyed. Has +2F while opposing an Obsidian card, a Shadowlands card, or an army with more units."
Jade Battle: Melee 4 Attack.
Thundering Flavor Text: "For fallen family."

Ahem, first off: BEN PECK CRAB ART!!! :D
See ya!!!
Hida Togeriso, Crab Clan Lorekeeper

I have seen many like you, I have known many like you. You only need to know this about me: should you fall I will remember you and tell your tale. No one is forgotten.

9 Points So Far...
Guiding Hand, Superleap
Hida Togeriso
Crab Clan Lorekeeper

Re: Siege: Clan War Preview Hida Yakamo XP2CW

Postby Hida Bob » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:32 am

At last, the man himself! The first rare I pulled when I started playing this game was Hida Yakamo exp.. This card makes my month.
Hida Yagimaki*Crab Clan Samurai*Sake Master
ImageImage
ImageImage
Proud retired member of the notorious, undefeated .... Image
Hida Bob
Revered Sensei

Postby Kakita_Shiro » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:54 am

Interesting that the wording about attaching the Jade Hand specifies "paying all costs". Are the rules for Equip changing again?
Kakita_Shiro
Nikutai

Postby ACharmingHida » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:36 am

Kakita_Shiro wrote:Interesting that the wording about attaching the Jade Hand specifies "paying all costs". Are the rules for Equip changing again?

No, if you look closely it says the 4g right next to the chi bonus the item provides. I figure that's what it means.
“Never… never suffer the darkness to live,” -Hiruma Akio

"I will be the light that purifies the Empire. All that live in Darkness should fear me, for they will not survive my crusade of fire." -Kuni Daigo

Shawn Carman wrote:You're the clan of guys who hunt down what are literally the most dangerous entities in known existence and you beat them with a metal baseball bat until one of you dies.

Enriched and nuanced subtlety wasn't really on the table. ;)
ACharmingHida
Shireikan

Postby Kakita_Shiro » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:02 am

ACharmingHida wrote:
Kakita_Shiro wrote:Interesting that the wording about attaching the Jade Hand specifies "paying all costs". Are the rules for Equip changing again?

No, if you look closely it says the 4g right next to the chi bonus the item provides. I figure that's what it means.

I saw it. What I mean is that the Equip procedure normally requires the payment as part of the activity that is Equipping the attachment. They decided to specifically call it out on Yakamo and Hitomi, which leads me to wonder if there's an impending change.
Kakita_Shiro
Nikutai

Postby Hyoton » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:17 am

6 HR. Why. Also shouldn't the Jade Hand have just been an invest?

Kakita_Shiro - you're wondering about the fact that they're calling it out specifically right? IE just by invoking Equip, they would under the current rules inherently have to pay all costs?
Hyoton
Shireikan

Postby MirumotoDaisuke » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:44 pm

Dat HR, tho.
MirumotoDaisuke
Nikutai

Postby Cancer » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:16 pm

There are reasons for the cost on jade hand, its a thing you'll see more of. And I still don't understand why his HR is a thing to complain about. I end most of my games 15+ honor, barring dishonor. Granted he won't work as good in a pure kuni deck due to their overall low PH, but crab have a lot of decent PH guys.
'And we are going shadowlands and we are gonna take back the Hiruma Lands ... BYAAAWWW!!!' Hida Yakamo

Cancer
Nikutai

Postby Hyoton » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:27 pm

Right, but instead of doing it as an equip after entry, they could have templated it as "invest 4: attach a 4GC etc etc to hida yakamo". I defer though if there's more stuff coming down the pipe affecting equips.

There's several things I don't like about yak CW but I object to the HR specifically because with his cost it makes him and the deck pretty inflexible, like kamoko CW does. If I see him late then he's a bomb, but he's really hard to get out early or even mid (and it's even worse with a -1SFH sensei). And jade hand is a lot easier to play around than obsidian hand, although the statting and unbreakableness are pretty good.
Hyoton
Shireikan

Postby Sozen » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:10 pm

I think that is for the Jade Works, if you reduce the gold cost cant "paying all cost", I think
Sozen
Nikutai

Next

Return to Previews Forum