Evil Portents: Spider

Post and discuss previews of future sets here.

Evil Portents: Spider

Postby Hida Kenshiro » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:17 pm

"Tanuki never waste sake, and so it leaped from the stump to catch the cup before it spilled." - Toritaka Kouseki
Hida Kenshiro
LEAST OF ALL EVILS

Re: Evil Portents: Spider

Postby Grim » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:29 pm

Man that is a really cool and impressive bunch. After the unicorn previews, I was expecting another subdued set, but these spiders are on a different level. Evil Portents indeed.
Naga in '99
15 Years of playing Phoenix Samurai
Crab since 2015
Grim
Gunso

Postby wrongspeedy » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:33 pm

*crosses fingers* Hopefully this is indicative of what the Crab previews will be like.
MoZi

"His mettle will be tested first here. It will be tested again."
wrongspeedy
Shireikan

Postby Grim » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:54 pm

wrongspeedy wrote:*crosses fingers* Hopefully this is indicative of what the Crab previews will be like.

I just want a break from Shugenja. I'm all Kuni'd out. A quick search by Onyx shows we already have 6 Kuni for the next arc.
As much as I hate the engineers, I would like this set to have even more of them, to see if an honor runner will be viable by the end of it all. That and some Samurai with battle actions. Maybe 1 more Zerker.

So hoping for:

2 Military Samurai guys
2 Kaui honor guys
1 Yasuki dude
1 Zerker
Naga in '99
15 Years of playing Phoenix Samurai
Crab since 2015
Grim
Gunso

Postby wrongspeedy » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:09 am

Grim wrote:
wrongspeedy wrote:*crosses fingers* Hopefully this is indicative of what the Crab previews will be like.

I just want a break from Shugenja. I'm all Kuni'd out. A quick search by Onyx shows we already have 6 Kuni for the next arc.
As much as I hate the engineers, I would like this set to have even more of them, to see if an honor runner will be viable by the end of it all. That and some Samurai with battle actions. Maybe 1 more Zerker.

So hoping for:

2 Military Samurai guys
2 Kaui honor guys
1 Yasuki dude
1 Zerker

I'd still like one Kuni. And storyline wise I think it makes sense they keep printing Kuni. Or another personality with the commander trait for fucks sake. I am also really hoping we get the Kaiu Sensei this set as well. Dishonor totally deserves something as well but I can't honestly say I give a single twit about dishonor. :)
MoZi

"His mettle will be tested first here. It will be tested again."
wrongspeedy
Shireikan

Postby shineyorkboy » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:28 am

I'm not sure if I'd prefer Without Your Weapon over Your True Nature. Right now I think Your True Nature is winning out because its open, but the chance to destroy two 3 gold attachments for free when going second is tempting.

My big hope for this set is that we get at least 2 decent Yasuki.
Kolat * Merchant * Tactician * Loyal * The Poet Crab * The John Paul Jones of Rokugan
Hida Keigo @ WC III
Kasuga Aizawa @ WC IV
shineyorkboy
Shireikan

Postby MirumotoDaisuke » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:40 am

shineyorkboy wrote:I'm not sure if I'd prefer Without Your Weapon over Your True Nature. Right now I think Your True Nature is winning out because its open, but the chance to destroy two 3 gold attachments for free when going second is tempting.

I'm pretty sure you still have to pay 3G to pop 2 3G attachments even if you are going second. But the Open nature (get it?) of YTN gives it utility against stuff like Official Sanction or Mark of Heavens Favor.
MirumotoDaisuke
Nikutai

Postby shineyorkboy » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:54 am

MirumotoDaisuke wrote:
shineyorkboy wrote:I'm not sure if I'd prefer Without Your Weapon over Your True Nature. Right now I think Your True Nature is winning out because its open, but the chance to destroy two 3 gold attachments for free when going second is tempting.

I'm pretty sure you still have to pay 3G to pop 2 3G attachments even if you are going second. But the Open nature (get it?) of YTN gives it utility against stuff like Official Sanction or Mark of Heavens Favor.

Ahh, yes. I misread that. Still unless they reprint YTN or come out with a lot more open kill I'll probably find room for WYW in Onyx.
Kolat * Merchant * Tactician * Loyal * The Poet Crab * The John Paul Jones of Rokugan
Hida Keigo @ WC III
Kasuga Aizawa @ WC IV
shineyorkboy
Shireikan

Postby hida jester » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:12 am

Ive got my fingers crossed on Hida Kaiji making a reappearance.
hida jester
Gunso

Return to Previews Forum