carpenter castle

Any and all rules that need to be answered! All of that goes inside now!

carpenter castle

Postby Hida Kenshiro » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:18 am

does the siege personality i have to bow need to be at the battle because obviously the castle card does not
"Tanuki never waste sake, and so it leaped from the stump to catch the cup before it spilled." - Toritaka Kouseki
Hida Kenshiro
LEAST OF ALL EVILS

Re: carpenter castle

Postby medalliah » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:21 am

I can't remember exactly, but the rule for bowing Personalities/attachments is different then non-personalities (holdings regions terrains etc) i believe, so no. Best to ask on the rules board for confirmation though.

Dario
Ronin.Shadowlands.Anvil Bound.Makes Fosuta looks Sane. Extra Unique. Kolat
Visit Nanashi Mura for all your Ronin and Minor Clan Alliance needs!
medalliah
Rikugunshokan

Postby HidaHayabusa » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:45 am

If you bow a personality, then it has to be in the same battlefield.
Crab Clan * Mojomaker * Tactical Loyalist * Slightly Kolat * Almost Jade Hand * Officially Elite * House Mormont * Dothraki * exp.6
HidaHayabusa
2009 European Champion

Postby Hida Kenshiro » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:49 am

HidaHayabusa wrote:If you bow a personality, then it has to be in the same battlefield.

Even though the ranged attack is not performed?
"Tanuki never waste sake, and so it leaped from the stump to catch the cup before it spilled." - Toritaka Kouseki
Hida Kenshiro
LEAST OF ALL EVILS

Postby HidaHayabusa » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:46 pm

What do you mean? If you choose a personality for fullfilling the RA of Carpenter Castle, then he must be able to perform actions and be in the current battlefield. Holdings don't share the same ruling for location, since they can't be in the battle.
Crab Clan * Mojomaker * Tactical Loyalist * Slightly Kolat * Almost Jade Hand * Officially Elite * House Mormont * Dothraki * exp.6
HidaHayabusa
2009 European Champion

Postby Hida Kenshiro » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:49 pm

HidaHayabusa wrote:What do you mean? If you choose a personality for fullfilling the RA of Carpenter Castle, then he must be able to perform actions and be in the current battlefield. Holdings don't share the same ruling for location, since they can't be in the battle.

But carpenter castle doesn't say "performing siege personality "it just says "siege personality" it doesn't even say personality it says card
Hida Kenshiro
LEAST OF ALL EVILS

Postby HidaHayabusa » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:55 pm

Isn't the part before the ":" the targeting requirements? I guess someone has to perform it?

Damned L5r rules, I am playing this game for 12 years and I still have questions on the rules.
HidaHayabusa
2009 European Champion

Postby medalliah » Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:17 pm

HidaHayabusa wrote:Isn't the part before the ":" the targeting requirements? I guess someone has to perform it?

Damned L5r rules, I am playing this game for 12 years and I still have questions on the rules.

If it doesn't say "performing" then it isn't performed. Same way that Creating Order isn't performed.

Dario
medalliah
Rikugunshokan

Postby Kaiu Genji » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:51 pm

Your personality need not be at the current battlefield to pay for Carpenter Castle's cost.

As Medalliah said, it is not performed anymore, nor does it target, both of which are now written explicitly on cards.

Heck, you can bow that bad siege terrain for the cost of the stronghold should you need to.
Owner of the Crab Clan Catastrophe * The Dynasty
If you have L5R CCG rules questions, ask them unofficially in the Rules and Questions forum or officially ask them here!
Shawn Carman wrote:Those gods are bitches, man.

Hida Kojuro wrote: We are Crab. We have more force than you. Good luck stopping us. :HIDA:

Kaiu Genji
Traveling Crab

Postby medalliah » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:29 am

Kaiu Genji wrote:Your personality need not be at the current battlefield to pay for Carpenter Castle's cost.

As Medalliah said, it is not performed anymore, nor does it target, both of which are now written explicitly on cards.

Heck, you can bow that bad siege terrain for the cost of the stronghold should you need to.

Correct that you can bow the Terrain for it, however for a Personality to be legally targeted it must be at the current battlefield, same as Attachments. Holdings/terrains/strongholds/regions do not follow the same rules as Personalities or Attachments when it comes to targeting them, as they can never be at the current battlefield.

Dario
medalliah
Rikugunshokan

Next

Return to Rules and questions!