Berserker's Negations/delay

Any and all rules that need to be answered! All of that goes inside now!

Berserker's Negations/delay

Postby Youka » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:02 am

Hello fellow crabs !
I've been thoroughly searching through the forum for some explanations and clarifications about destruction's negations, and though i found this one :

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7755&p=88498&hilit=negation#p88498

Which is specifically about seppuku, and this one :

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6740&p=77791&hilit=negate+ranged#p77791

Which is about delaying actions, i found nothing clarifying wouthout a doubt the way things are supposed to work in my case so here i am. =)

I've been recently playing against a ninja Scorpion player which used a chi reduction's action agaisnt me. I supposed since the action's results were...death, i would be able to use some destruction's negation effects to prevent it.

But the tricky part is since negate death FROM 0 chi is impossible accroding to the rules, does negating the "card's effects" implies only the destruction is negatable? Or does the whole chi reduction doesn't happens ? Because it IS indeed an action whose effect results in the personallity's destruction.

So what can be done then? what kind of actions can work and what kind cannot?

Same question goes for melee/ranged attacks :o
Are they counting as "destruction's effect" or is the destruction a side effect of a "non-destructive" action?
Youka
Hohei

Re: Berserker's Negations/delay

Postby Hida Kenshiro » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:57 am

Youka wrote:I've been recently playing against a ninja Scorpion player which used a chi reduction's action agaisnt me. I supposed since the action's results were...death, i would be able to use some destruction's negation effects to prevent it.

But the tricky part is since negate death FROM 0 chi is impossible accroding to the rules, does negating the "card's effects" implies only the destruction is negatable? Or does the whole chi reduction doesn't happens ? Because it IS indeed an action whose effect results in the personallity's destruction.
negated death and negated the card effects are two different things one (effect negation) saves you from chi death the other does not.
Youka wrote:So what can be done then? what kind of actions can work and what kind cannot?
card effect negation.
Youka wrote:Same question goes for melee/ranged attacks :o
Are they counting as "destruction's effect" or is the destruction a side effect of a "non-destructive" action?

the destruction is part of the effect.
"Tanuki never waste sake, and so it leaped from the stump to catch the cup before it spilled." - Toritaka Kouseki
Hida Kenshiro
LEAST OF ALL EVILS

Return to Rules and questions!