Rules Help

Any and all rules that need to be answered! All of that goes inside now!

Re: Rules Help

Postby Hida Koutetsu » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:53 pm

Hida Korada wrote:Two questions.
1. Hiruma nikaru the flesh eater. Since his duel stat is his printed force does that mean if I throw a tetsubo on him he is gaining 2 force that applies to duels or the 1 chi bonus?

2. A holding like fudoist temple. Does it last only that round or is it permenant? Aka gives cavalry to a unit.

Answer 1: "Printed" force means exactly that. Nikaru's printed Force is 9. His duel stat has a value of 9, and adjustments given by attachments, or Force bonuses/penalties do not alter that value.

Answer 2: All effects from actions last until end of turn unless they say otherwise on the card. The Cavalry trait granted by the action on Fudoist Temple is temporary.
Crab Clan • Samurai • Veteran • Kolat • Majority Whip
2014 Kansas City Kotei winner
Mah cards: Yagimaki's Fist • Yasuki Dokansuto • Staging Grounds • Disciples of Master Coin
L5R CCG singles for sale at DocAngst.com
“Wonderful!” roared Dokansuto. “Seven tanuki!”
Hida Koutetsu
2009 Cock Clan Champion

Postby Hida Korada » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:07 pm

Thanks for that I'm teaching myself as I go along. No one around here seems to play and I'm trying to teach my friends as I learn. This seems to be my best place for things I can't find in the rulebooks I've found.
Hida Korada
Gunso

Postby Hida Korada » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:53 pm

Anyone have any advice for someone fighting honor decks. My buddy and I play in our spare time. I play crab and he phoenix. He uses the starter deck unchanged. I have modified mine as time goes on. Against other military I hold up great. My other friend plays unicorn or spider. For whatever reason I have a heck of a time against it. I end up getting so many force negatives blanketed across my army it will literally be three shugenja vs my ten man army and he still can pull it off at times. I've tried different approaches using ranged follower heavy tactics with scouts. It just doesn't seem to work out.

I have a small collection of cards and really nobody in the area that play. As a family man with kids and fulltime job I can't donate more money to this then I have already.

He basically just sits there and never attacks. I'm trying a heavy force with big guys and weapons now. Not sure how that will go.
Looking for tactical tidbits or anything u have learned over time for fighting honor decks or shugenja heavy ones.
Hida Korada
Gunso

Postby Hida Keikan » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:06 am

yasuki dishonor
Rick Moeller
Alaska's Deadliest Catch
Crab Clan Standard Bearer 04 & 05
Team Alaska
Hida Keikan
Shireikan

Postby PGP » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:23 pm

Beating force negatives:

Sanctioned Declaration

Courage Beyond Question

Try searching Oracle of the Void on the AEG L5R website for arc-legal cards, specifying function as needed. You might have to play around with the keywords before you find what you need, but it's enormously helpful.
Kill Kanpeki. Squash the bugs. :HIDA:
PGP
Gunso

Postby PGP » Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:28 pm

Shugenja-heavy decks hate things that break attachments (i.e., their spells). Your True Nature & Ninube Shiho, for example. If you're using lots of Weapons, you could run Tonfajutsu.

Try posting some of these strategy questions in the main "Decks and Strategies" area - you'll get lots of good advice. People look in the Rules Questions area less often, it seems to me.
Kill Kanpeki. Squash the bugs. :HIDA:
PGP
Gunso

Postby Hida Korada » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:39 pm

Will do! And thanks for the advice. I have thought of posting what deck I've made though I realize many will likely wonder why I don't have things like jade pearl inns and such.
Hida Korada
Gunso

Postby Hida Korada » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:38 pm

Does Creating Order get rid of our stronghold bonus?
Hida Korada
Gunso

Postby Hida Korada » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:39 pm

*on its target
Hida Korada
Gunso

Postby Hyoton » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:25 pm

Late response but the wording may be used in the future: No. Creating Order negates current/new force pens and bonuses from actions.
Hyoton
Shireikan

PreviousNext

Return to Rules and questions!