Feign Death

Any and all rules that need to be answered! All of that goes inside now!

Feign Death

Postby Hida Tadakatsu » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:10 pm

I was wondering if Feign Death works with Way of the Crab and Wedge?
Hida Tadakatsu
Nikutai

Re: Feign Death

Postby PGP » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:51 pm

It may work on Way of the Crab, but Wedge keeps you from targeting your guy with any further actions, and I would think that includes Interrupts.
Kill Kanpeki. Squash the bugs. :HIDA:
PGP
Gunso

Postby B-Rad » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:32 am

I don't know. Wedge kind of blows the guy up and the effect ends right? So wouldn't the targetting restriction end as well?
B-Rad
Hohei

Postby Hida Tadakatsu » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:05 am

Its Tricky. Would I be able to target my personality with Feign death right before he blows up, or do I have to target him right after I play the card. I can see Way of the Crab working fine, but Wedge is a different story. I asked this same question on the main l5r forum, so just waiting for a reply.
Also with Wedge is the 'Cannot target them with actions' active for the rest of the turn?
Hida Tadakatsu
Nikutai

Postby Hyoton » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:18 pm

My guesses based on the current feign death wording and current IvE comp rules for interrupt windows:
Way of the Crab: No
Wedge: No
Hyoton
Shireikan

Postby Hida Tadakatsu » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:36 pm

so.....how long does it usually take the rules team to get back to a question lol?!
I was looking at the comprehensive rules and it says in one section:
Phrases in an Interrupt’s effects such as “After a Personality is destroyed” refer to the effects of the interrupted action, and are delayed until those effects occur; they do not refer to when the Interrupt is played. This will usually mean that the interrupted action’s player can target or make other choices in the action after the Interrupt is played, knowing it will take effect.
And Feign Death says: Interrupt: Target your Personality. After the action resolves, if it destroyed him, bring him into play in your home, ignoring costs and Honor Requirement, then bow him, dishonor him, and lose 2 Honor.
From my understanding, an actions resolution is when all effects are activated. with Way of the Crab isn't the effect that destroys your personality activated later?
Hida Tadakatsu
Nikutai

Postby Hyoton » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:38 pm

It can be a long time. That is not a joke.

Way of the Crab: (snip) Destroy him before the turn ends.

An action's resolution means that you carry out the actions effects in the order mentioned by the ability (comp rules 28). While you are correctly quoting the comp rules, that isn't relevant to feign death. The last effect of way of the crab for purpose of action resolution is "destroy the personality before the turn ends." Feign death says "After the action resolves, if it destroyed him..." After way of the crab resolves, it didn't destroy anyone. At least, that's what I expect the reasoning to be.

For your other questions, IvE feign death is an interrupt and needs to be played in the interrupt window. It's different from Old Feign Death.
Hyoton
Shireikan

Postby Hida Tadakatsu » Thu Mar 05, 2015 11:03 am

Yeah you are correct. They got back to me. Well on the plus side I now have a few slots open for more proactive strategies! Keeping Wedge and Way of the crab, because who doesn't love exploding crabs?!
Hida Tadakatsu
Nikutai

Return to Rules and questions!